Orlando’s charms extend beyond its world-famous theme parks. There’s a hidden side to this vibrant city that often goes unnoticed by tourists. From unique cafes to lesser-known museums, Orlando has secret gems waiting to be explored. These tucked-away treasures provide an authentic and unconventional experience. Here’s your guide to hidden Orlando:
Hidden Parks, Unique Cafes, and Niche Museums
- Lake Eola Heights Historic District: A charming neighborhood filled with hidden gardens.
- The Mennello Museum of American Art: A niche museum with impressive folk art.
Local Recommendations and Hidden History
- The Town of Eatonville: The nation’s first incorporated African-American municipality.
- Kraft Azalea Garden: A locals’ favorite for a peaceful escape.
Unconventional Tours and Experiences
- Orlando Food Tours: Taste your way through Orlando’s culinary scene.
- Scenic Boat Tour: Explore Winter Park’s lakes through a tranquil boat tour.